A nice getaway for families with adopted children
Waiting around for paperwork to be completed in Guangzhou can be tiresome. With only a 45 minute flight you can be in one of China's most beautiful locations, relaxing on the banks of the Yulong River and enjoying the serenity of the surroundings.
For those of you considering coming to China with your adopted child we would like to introduce the Our Chinese Daughters Foundation(OCDF). The foundation is a non-profit organization set up in 1995 to provide the highest quality Chinese culture programs, orphan support programs, and publications to adoptive families, support organizations, and educational institutions serving the wider community.
They offer many programs for children, families, students, and community leaders hoping to better understand China and Chinese culture. OCDF has led tours in China for over 1,000 families from the U.S., U.K, Canada, and Australia. Additionally, OCDF coordinates internships for students and faculty from academic institutions, as well as helping mission groups and students interested in volunteering for Chinese orphanages and foster homes.
If you are interested in gaining experienced information on tours specifically designed to help you and your child learn more about China, would like to volunteer in orphanages, or are interested in adopting a Child from China OCDF can give you expert advice and help make your plans materialize.
To read about our feature family who stayed with us at the Mountain Retreat please go to our blog to learn more.
Chris Barclay a long-time resident in China built YSMR for friends, clients and families to enjoy the authentic China country experience. It's ideal for adoptive families, with facilities to suit groups and individuals.
Just a 45 minute flight from Guangzhou to Guilin, the Retreat is a 32 room eco-hotel nestled on the banks of the tranquil Yulong River, and surrounded by majestic limestone karst spires.
The following are just a few of the many different activities you can do whilst staying at the Yanghuo Mountain Retreat.
- There are countless hiking trails among the rice paddies, river valleys and karst formations with some of the most stunning views in China.
- The villages around the hotel are great places to learn about traditional Chinese life and better understand firsthand your child's cultural origins.
- There are great bicycle tours all over the countryside Float down the Yulong River on a bamboo raft.
- Explore lively West Street in Yangshuo town, with its many shops, bars and restaurants.
- We are happy to arrange group tours, as well as cooking school classes, t'ai chi and other cultural classes.
To book online please check availability here
- Tel.: 86 773 8777 091